Saturday 21 January 2012

And breath....

This blog post is going to be a hard one to write, but I also think its long over due.

In June of last year I was struck down with Depression and Anxiety. I was having regular panic attacks and spending most of the day in bed.

I have now turned a corner and I able to drive within my village and do a little shopping in the local supermarket without having a panic attack.

I want to let you know that although I have not been posting I have been reading your blogs everyday, and even on my darkest days they have made me smile.

Ive still got a long road, but I am on the up with the help of medication and CBT.

Well that's enough of that onto the exciting bit....

While I was unwell a friend and I came up with the idea to start sewing.  Well this evolved very quickly into a business idea.  We set up a FB page and a Folksy shop.  We find the sewing, drinking tea and eating cake very therapeutic.

We have had lots of orders and things are going really well. We have even been contacted by a few shops about providing stock :)
Why not take a look, maybe like our FB page and let me know what you think xx

9 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you have been feeling so rough. I can assure you whole heartedly that you will get through to the other side of this. I know...I have been there too. There are days when you wont believe the sun can shine but it does and it will. I am glad you are on the medication, "happy pills" as I called them. They do help. I was on them for quite a while. Take them as long as you need them. I did and now I don't need them. With the help of my doctor I finished taking them just about 2 years ago.
    keeping busy and seeing friends is great therapy. I'll be thinking of you. Keep smiling! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, depression is a very hard thing t o deal with. I have bipolar and I honestly believe that the drugs saved my life.

    Congratulations on starting up your business, I find crafting very therapeutic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ggrr isn't the mind an annoying thing - sometimes it would be so nice to take your brain out and pop it in a jar! Well done for asking for help and working through it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you've been feeling so rough. I think one of the hardest parts of dealing with these 'black clouds' is admitting it and asking for help. Sounds like you've now turned a corner and things are getting back to 'normal (whatever that is) for you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I'm so sorry that you have been going through it. Hopefully you'll be back to your old self soon. I had exactly the same problems in 2010 and really struggled to get through it. Mine turned out to be due to a hormone imbalance and, knowing that you had some similar 'female' problems to me, I would recommend that you look into that possibility too. Feel free to email me if you want to talk about it. Look after yourself. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you have not been well - I hope you feel much better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you've been unwell.... take care :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you Funks! I know how far you've come and i can't get over what you have achieved even while you were'nt back to your normal self. I wish you all the luck in the world with your new venture in crafting.. although i dont think you will need it as the things you make are gorgeous and so professionally put together! :) love and hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your recovery journey - hope you track well and not too fast : )

    ReplyDelete