They taste just like Milllies and cost a fraction of the price.
125g butter, softened
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
200g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Cream butter and sugars, add the egg and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour, and add the chocolate chips.
4. Roll into walnut size balls
5. Place on ungreased baking paper. If you want to have the real Millies experience then bake for just 7 minutes, till the cookies are just setting - the cookies will be really doughy and delicious.
6. Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack.